Sunday 10 January 2021

Challenge #4 - Use an Embossing Folder and an Animal

 Welcome, welcome, welcome to the fourth challenge here at 

Let's Squash It! 

Let's Squash It! is The Embossing Folder Challenge.  We are gonna help you explore the world of the not so humble embossing folder and encourage you to dig 'em out, knock the dust off and find old, new and fun ways to make your projects pop. 


We have an awesome team to keep you entertained and awesome challenge themes to stretch your creativity and get you using all those long forgotten and neglected embossing folders.  Don't forget to check the technique posts for awesome tips and techniques to help you make the most of your supplies and folders.

Challenges start on the 10th of the month and run to the last day at 23.59 GMT.  We will be picking a winner who will have a chance to be our guest designer, and top picks.  There is a little prize on offer for a randomly selected winner and these will all be announced on the 5th of next month.   
 
Jo and I try to visit all your entries and leave a little love.  Whilst visiting we notice that there are very few comments from other players.  So we have added a rool that you must comment on the two entries before yours in the linky.  Let's share some extra love with our fellow crafters in these strange times. 


So, Challenge #4
And this month's theme is

Use any Embossing Folder AND an Animal

 

This month we want to see any embossing folders and include an animal.  The animal can be part of your embossing folder or you can add one with stamps, dies, stickers or any other method.   Anything from the animal kingdom is acceptable.  Please remember to use both parts of the challenge and check Da Roolz to make sure your entry qualifies for the prize.  **New rool added 9th January**
 
Please check Da Roolz before you link up your makes.  We are a card challenge.  You must use a named embossing folder.  Other types of embossing are allowed to enhance your project but you must use a named embossing folder.  Both parts of the challenge must be included and also be the focus of your project.  Did we mention the embossing folder???  


This months randomly selected winner will be able to choose a prize from the

Let's Squash It! Prize Vault

 
 
 Here's the inspiration from the team to get us started


Gail made this lovely card using Gemini
 embossing folder Butterfly Effect

 

 

Jo made this beautiful card using Darice
embossing folder Flowers


Click on the links to hop over and check out how we made our cards.
 
 
Now it's your turn.
Grab your embossing folders and animals and join the fun.
We are looking forward to seeing your cards.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

14 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Cute, cute, cute! Adorable cards! This theme is right up my alley! I'm sure I'll be back to play along!

Gail said...

Thank you for the new challenge- I like the idea I have a challenge to start using my embossing folders!!

Aquarius said...

Great excuse to dig out the embossing folders - have uploaded my card. A question - I have loads of embossing folders, far too many to store in their original packaging which means that lots of them are just not marked with any name or maker. Presumably unless I can remember this information I am unable to use the folder. Could you please clarify this point.

ionabunny said...

Hi, a lot of folders do at least have the makers name on them, but yes, I have some that have nothing on them, and some old ones that are a little anonymous. It would be great if you can supply the maker and embossing folder name. Some names can be a bit weird, so we are happy if it's a snowflake folder to call it snowflakes. If you really have no clue and they are too nice not to use then do share. Maybe include a picture? and we can try and help with identifying it. I think it's nice to know the maker and name so we can find it if we fall in love, and I am amazed by all the folders I never even knew existed, so do share some of those oldies and goodies and we can maybe get a name from someone somewhere. Hope this helps. Hugz

Jennifer said...

I have a gazillion E.F.s, but don't use them much now....until I have discovered your challenge, which hopefully will encourage me to bring them out of hiding. Jennifer. x

Leslie Miller said...

I love this challenge and have been wanting to play, so I'll be along next week. You always have great inspiration. Thank you!

Robyn Oliver said...

I do so think this challenge is a hit... I've definitely been checking out my stash of EF... and I love that you both have different styles with your cards this month...fantastic inspiration, hugs Robyn

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hurray I eventually managed to join in , Ive been a lurker since the challenge started! Love the idea for using our folders, I have a drawer full that hardly get used!! Love your DT makes, Hazelxx

Carol L said...

Thanks for another fun challenge and all the inspiration to use those cherished embossing folders we all have! This is fun!

Kampin' Karen said...

I, too, have many unnamed EF's that were willed to me by a stamping friend. I enjoy finding out what names are as she tossed all the packaging. I do have a question about the new "rool". If you are the first or second person to post, how can you comment on the two entries before you? Would it be possible to change the rule to either two before you or two after? or is my brain just squashed in understanding? I'll be entering the challenge once I decide which of my EF's and animal(s) I want to use. I love your challenges!

ionabunny said...

Hi Karen, If you are one of the first entries then please drop back and leave love on the ones linked after you. Just hoping people will leave a little love. Hugz

KT Fit Kitty said...

Just found out about your new rule so I have just done some visiting! So happy I did - now my embossing folder wish list has grown hahaha! Great new rule, thank you!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Great challenge idea, and wonderful inspiration, too, and so good could enter this time around!
Thanks for sharing, and God bless, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Janis said...

Hey, hey!! I got a fun card entered. I do soooooooooooo love embossing of all kinds. My crafty pal, Karen Ladd, got me introduced to embossing folders back a long time ago and now I love doing different techniques with them. My Squash It friends will have an extra incentive to come visit my project because I HAVE A GIVEAWAY!!!! Yay!!! (And you two, Jo and Gail, are included!!)
Thanks for this super-fun challenge, ladies. You are the hostesses with the mostessest embossing folders. Hugs.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com