Sunday 8 January 2023

Let's Squash It! Winners and Closing Down

Hello Squashettes!  Gail here to announce the winners of the December challenge Snowflakes and/or Stars.  So many lovely creations for this challenge.  A very big thank you to everyone who played along.  Sadly this was our last challenge, at least for the time being.  So thanks for joining in.
 
  It's time to announce our favourite creations for this theme.  You made it so difficult to pick favourites but here we go.......
 
We were very impressed with

Carol

and her lovely gnomes


and

Jeanne
 
with her fun Christmas jumper 




Congratulations to you both, please grab your badge to flaunt brazenly on your blogs!


Our Challenge Winner is:

Joanne

Gorgeous design and love the colours and bling.

 
 Congratulations Joanne, please grab your Empress Badge. 
 
 
                                           Finally, we have our Random Prize to award...

#15 Pat

Congratulations Pat please take a look in the Prize Vault and email me with your choice of EF and snail mail address at craftynomad at gmail dot com

Once again, thanks to everyone who played along and thank you for your support and participation the past two years.   The blog will remain open as a source of inspiration and who knows, maybe one day in the future we will refuel the roller and get squashy again.

Thanks and goodbye for now.  Hugz


11 comments:

Suze said...

Congrats to the final winner and Top Picks.
I am sad to see this challenge closing and would have liked to have joined in the December Challenge but December was a bit of a write off for me. I hope that some day it might return again.
Thank you for hosting this challenge over the past couple of years and encouraging us to get out and use our embossing folders. I am glad that you are keeping the blog open as I want to return to some of the techniques that I enjoyed and also try some of them that I missed doing.

Jeanne H said...

Oh! Thank you so much for the honor to my stars and snowflakes card. I've really enjoyed your challenge. Happy New Year to you both, Gail and Jo.

HilaryJane said...

It is sad to see the end of this challenge, but it is completely understandable with all the other commitments you have, that it should close now. I wish I had been able to join in more often, but time is always against us. Thank you for the 2 years of inspiration xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Big congrats to all and best wishes for the New Year. So sorry for the challenge closure, but thanks so much for the fun in these years and for keeping it opened, it's full of fabulous inspirations e tutorials!
Hugs to you both, hope that all is going well.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Thanks again for having me as your December Guest Designer, Gail & Jo! I had a wonderful time and hope your hiatus from LSI is brief!! Congrats to all the top picks and to Empress Joanne!!

Robyn Oliver said...

Sad news that you're closing the challenge Jo and Gail... it was fun and we did pull out those embossing folders, hugs Robyn

Angelnorth said...

Aww, I’m truly honoured to be Empress for December! Congrats to top picks Jeanne and Carol, too. I hope my reign will not be indefinite though — handing on the crown would mean you’d felt able to start up again! I like the idea of refuelling the roller, lol! Wishing you a happy new year and a big thank you for the fun over the last couple of years.

Dawn T said...

congrats to all the winners - and how sad that the challenge is closing. Hope it will be temporary - I have soooo many folders it's great to have a challenge to use them.

Vicky Hayes said...

Sad to see this challenge closing Jo but thank you for all the time you put into the online crafting community - it is very much appreciated. I only had one or two EFs but you have encouraged me to enlarge my collection!! Will be returning to this blog many times for inspiration I'm sure! Hugs, Vicky x

Pat said...

So sorry that this is the last challenge and hopefully at some point we may see you back again. A bit late but I have just seen that I was the random winner of the challenge so will be in touch, and thank you very much! x

Riet Harikini said...

Gail and Jo, so sorry that you ar crossing this blog. Wished i joint more challenges. But did not have te embossingfolders that fit the challenges. Thanks for giving us the inspiration to think out of the box.