Sunday 17 October 2021

Inspiration for Challenge #13 - Double Emboss

 

It's the 17th of the month and it's Jo here with a little more inspiration for Challenge #13


This month is all about the art of Double Embossing. If you missed it, please check out Gail's fab Technique Time post where she gives a fabulous masterclass on this fab technique and shows you how to str-e-tch those embossing folders even further. 

I was very interested to try some embossing using clear powder as a resist and so broke out this beautiful folder from Altenew


Just look at that fabulous 3-D image. 

I ran this EF through my ancient Cuttlebug and then very carefully swiped the raised parts of the card with Versamark Ink. Quite a lot of powder stuck to the rest of the watercolour card, so I brushed and blew it away. 

A quick 'do' with my heat gun and I was ready to smooch the card with a selection of Distress Inks. 


This looks much nicer IRL, but hopefully you can see how the embossing powder worked as a resist on the flowers and leaves. 

There's still plenty of time to play along with our current challenge as it runs until October 31st. Gail and I hope to see you in the gallery!

1 comment:

ionabunny said...

Oh wow. That is a gorgeous folder and I love the embossing powder resist. Such a pretty delicate effect with the distress ink. Love this Jo. Hugz