Thursday 10 December 2020

CHALLENGE #3 - USE ANY EMBOSSING FOLDER AND DIES/FUSSY CUTTING

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the third challenge here at 

Let's Squash It! 

Let's Squash It! is The Embossing Folder Challenge.  We are gonna help you explore the world of the not so humble embossing folder and encourage you to dig 'em out, knock the dust off and find old, new and fun ways to make your projects pop. 



We have an awesome team to keep you entertained and awesome challenge themes to stretch your creativity and get you using all those long forgotten and neglected embossing folders. 
For those of you who are just tuning in you can check the previous posts for the story behind the genesis of the challenge and the technique posts for awesome tips and techniques to help you make the most of your supplies and folders.

Challenges start on the 10th of the month and run to the last day at 23.59 GMT.  We will be picking top picks and a winner, who will have a chance to be our guest designer for a future challenge.  There is a little prize on offer for a randomly selected winner and these will all be announced on the 5th of next month.   


So, Challenge #3
And this month's theme is

Use any Embossing Folder AND Dies/Fussy Cutting



Use any embossing folder and also die cuts or fussy cutting. You can use an emboss and cut folder, or a die cut with a matching folder, or chop up your embossed thing, or emboss a die cut thing or fussy cut thing, or just add a die cut or fussy cut something to your embossed background.  Please make sure you include both parts of the challenge on your card and also check da roolz to ensure your entry will be eligible for the random prize draw!

We are very pleased to have our first Let's Squash It!! Empress joining us as our guest designer this month.  Please welcome Linda.

"Hey sister Squashettes – I’m Linda W. (aka ScrappinBari) who blogs at Scrappin’, Stampin’ & Singin’. I started out scrapbooking but switched over to card making in 2007. I live in the Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA & haunt several local craft stores! How many embossing folders do you own? I own a fair few and am grateful to Gail & Jo for bring them into play at Let’s Squash It!! I’m delighted to be their first Guest Designer!!!”

 
Linda's Card uses
Taylored Expressions Embossing folder - NORDIC HOLIDAY
and
Stampin’ Up’s Embossing folder - SUBTLE 3D (for the grid)

Isn't that fun with those little cut and embossed panels!
 
 
And here's some inspiration from the team......
 
 
Gail's Card uses 
Nellie Snellen Embossing Folder - CANAL
 
 

Jo's Card uses 
Darice Embossing Folder - BOLD DAISY

 
 
Please do check da roolz to make sure you will be in the running for da prizes.  

This months randomly selected winner will be able to choose a prize from the
 
Now it your turn!
Grab your embossing folders and dies or scissors and join the fun.
We are looking forward to seeing your cards.




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

14 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

I've been wanting to enter your challenge since the beginning and I finally made it! Yay! Great theme and awesome inspiration - thank you!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a fun challenge, Gail & Jo! I'm honored to be your Guest Designer this time!!

Aquarius said...

Another great challenge - I'm sure there are many neglected embossing folders just waiting to be used. I have a 'few' (lots if I'm honest) 😉

Angelnorth said...

Cards only? Or is an ATC etc ok as long as it fits the theme?

Dotty Jo said...

And we're so happy to have you here, Linda! Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

So glad you're in the gallery! Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Val, it's surprising just how many embossing folders we seem to have acquired over the years! This challenge is just what we all need to help us to use them. Thanks for joining the fun! Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Joanne, sorry, but this was a cards only challenge theme. We'll probably do ATCs at some point in the future as they are so much fun to create. Jo x

Angelnorth said...

OK, no worries - I just made a giftcard/ATC inspired by the theme but wasn't sure whether to hook it up or not!

Suze said...

Entry #64 - I thought I had already entered this card and had it down as #48 but couldn't see it in the entries. After some investigation, I found I had entered it into another challenge by mistake. I have now added it here (which is why my second entry comes before my first!). Must have needed more sleep that day.

Dotty Jo said...

Let's just put it down to Christmas confusion, Suze! Great to have you in the gallery, Jo x

Janis said...

Yay!!! I actually made a card....got it blogged....AND entered it into more than one or two challenges!!! It's the first time since the beginning of September that I have managed to do that. You can't imagine what a feeling of accomplishment that gives me...lol... What a crazy last several months I have had!!! Anywaaaaaaaaaay....I am here!!
Lovely cards by you wonderful Squashettes. Welcome to Linda. Your paneled card is so pretty!! Love Gail's simply elegant card with that satiny foiled blue sky. Wow!! Jo, your embossed and inked flowers are wonderfully gentle in pastel lavender for a thoughtful sympathy card. Great samples by each of you!!
Thank you, gals, for this fun challenge. I hope I can get my life together enough to participate more regularly. (Not optimistic, but I can dream, right? lol...)
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Gail said...

So happy to have found this challenge - I have a ton of Embossing folders that need to be USE in card making [I will have to locate the names of the folders as not all are written on the folder - like the 2 Tim Holtz ones I used for this challenge] - this is an inspiring challenge! I am very Happy to get my 3 cards created and entered before this challenge ends in a few days - thanks for the challenge - and card inspiration - this is going to be a fun journey! Have a blessed week!

Kate said...

Perhaps this challenge will help us name some of our forgotten and neglected embossing folders! Unfortunately I missed the deadline on this one, but embossing folders are now on my mind when I go to make a card - they are a great way to add a quick background. I even raided my stash this week to use some core’dinations (remember that stuff)! I bought it specifically to use with embossing folders but it too had been largely forgotten about!