Saturday 17 October 2020

CHALLENGE #1 INSPIRATION

Hi everyone, it's Jo here! Gail's a little busy cataloguing her huge embossing folder collection, so she's let me loose on an inspiration post for our inaugural challenge!


Before I get started, I want to say a BIG thank you from both of us to all of you who've entered a card, signed up as a follower or sent a message to wish us well with this new venture. It means a lot and we appreciate all the interest and excitement that has surrounded the launch of Let's Squash It!

Like many of you, I was inspired by Gail's Technique Time post where she gave us a step-by-step on how to make our own metallic sheets from aluminium foil.

I decided to give this technique a try and have to say that I'm pleased with the result!


I followed Gail's tutorial and began by selecting a piece of cardstock and adhering the aluminium foil. This is a real TOP tip and made the foil very easy to handle: it's just too flimsy without the cardstock backing. 

Another great tip is to avoid brand-named foil! My first attempt had Bacofoil across the middle of the embossing (other brands of tin foil are available). I told Gail about this and she said it was my own fault for using designer foil!

I used two embossing folders for this card: the quilty folder is called Quilting and is from X Cut and folder #2 is Love Hearts from Crafts-Too. The cat is from Avery Elle's Dear Santa set.

There's still plenty of time to play along with Challenge #1, so why not break-out your folders and your metallic sheets and come play along!  

8 comments:

ionabunny said...

Awesome card Jo. The embossed foil looks fab and not a brand name in sight. Love the offset tags and that lovely blue and white colour scheme. Hugz

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your layered tags with the strip of embossed foil, Jo - perfect with the sweet kitty!!

Suze said...

This is awesome Jo. I was going to use foil but found I had some metallic cardstock so have embossed that instead (which as far as I have got so far!). Hopefully it gets further than that before the challenge finishes!

HilaryJane said...

Great card Jo, love all that texture and the little hearts poking out. Thanks for the laugh too xx

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks so much - I learned from a good teacher! Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

That's very kind, Linda, thanks, Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks, Suze, there's still plenty of time left to play, Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

Great to see you here, Hilary! Jo x