Thursday 24 March 2022

More Inspiration for Challenge #18 Emboss/Deboss

 


Hi, it's Jo here again. Welcome back to the final post for our current challenge here at Let's Squash It! where we're playing Emboss/Deboss

I've really enjoyed this challenge and have loved trying different ways of combining both sides of my EFs on the same card. It appears that this technique has captured the imaginations of our participants as we've got some beautiful, really inspirational cards in the gallery.

During this challenge I've been especially interested in trying to use the small EFs that I seem to have acquired along the way. I was messing about with a piece of watercolour card and a small EF from Sizzix; just flipping the folder backwards and forwards and running it through my Cuttlebug. I came up with this panel and thought it was perfect as a background.


Here's the folder in comparison with the card.


I'm so pleased with the texture and the pattern.

For all the details about the products I used, please drop by at my blog.

I hope this challenge is inspiring you to break out your EFs and see them in a new light. As I said earlier, the gallery looks fab plus Gail has created a gorgeous card using a technique that I'm excited to try. I really do love her card for this challenge which you can see on the challenge launch post here.  

You've still got until March 31st to come and play along, so why not break out those EFs and come join the fun


2 comments:

Jeanne H said...

Well done! What a great pattern with that little folder. I love the colors too.

ionabunny said...

Your card is gorgeous Jo and I love that little folder you used. Fab way to stretch it for a bigger card and lovely emboss/deboss pattern. Hugz